Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:15:22 -0600
Hi Fio,
I think you are quite correct to be worried.
The weight loss, the lack of wet and dirty diapers and no transitional stools
yet with the mother's milk in ,are valid concerns.
This baby needs to be watched closely, and your suggestions are just what I
would have said today.  BUT, call your friend tomorrow if you do not get a
big turnaround with lots of dirty diapers with green to yellow stools, and
several voids, at least 6.  It would be nice to get an accurate weight also.
The jaundice may have contributed to a sleepy baby, or the lack of milk
transfer may have contributed to the jaundice.  Is there a bilirubin follow
up ???
If you get 10 wet diapers and yellow seedy poops, the baby is definitely
transferring milk.  It will probably take another day for that achievement.
Best wishes,
Lu Bush
RNC,IBCLC
Texas