From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 06:03:53 -0400
Nancy said,..

" We are getting far affield when we discuss
home births and morbidity and mortality statistics of deliveries by MDs vs
CNMs.  As a neonatologist who has had to "pick up the pieces" of unanticipated
problems during home deliveries,by both midwives and OBs, I would never have
considered it for my own delivery."

I agree. It is best to keep our focus on breastfeeding and other related
lactation issues, and to be mindful, at the same time, that bashing of any
profession or group is against the rules of this group.

Thanks for illuminating this point, Nancy,

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
 Emily's Mothering Project- http://together.net/~kbruce/proj.html
For LACTNET quilt raffle: http://together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html