From:
K Redinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 09:54:28 -0500
Having passes the IBCLC exam last year, and feeling like I am hitting my
head against a brick wall, I went today and signed up for some
pre-nursing classes at the local university.  I really fell like I am
selling out my LC certification.  And I am angry when a non-certified
lactation consultant (not a RN) is hired by a group of doctors to work in
their maternity clinic at the hospital.  I never thought doctors would
come knocking on my door after I became certified --- but can't someone
acknowledge that my IBCLC credentials stand for something?  I apologize
for the depressing tone of this message, but I really needed to sound
off.  I have made one decision today, I've decided not to pay for the
classes until I return from a certain conference next month in Chicago.

Barbara Redinger, LLLL, IBCLC