From:
Lisa Amir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:05:57 +1000
Doesn't sound like a galactocele. Hard to tell without seeing it! Could it
be a milk sinus? - sometimes this becomes palpable  -sounds like the right
postition. Or is it in the skin?  I would avoid doing anything if she can
keep feeding by positioning baby's tongue away from the lump. It may go
away. I have also seen varicose veins around the areola.
Lisa Amir
GP / IBCLC in Melbourne, Australia - having trouble even just reading my
email at present - I am thyrotoxic and feeling very unwell.