From:
Kjetil Lenes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 23:44:10 +0100
>From:    "katherine a. dettwyler" <[log in to unmask]>

>mothers and babies to interact physiologically, baby will nurse many times a
>night for many months, even waking several times a night to nurse until the
>age of two years and beyond.

I think it is a legitimate wish for the adultd to keep their bed for
themselves at night after a while.  I will say (or think) that a
mother is a "bad breastfeeder" if she do not share her bed with the
baby when it is 6-7 or 12-13 months.

We should not be encouraging babies to sleep
>in four hour stretches at night at this age, because of the risk of SIDS.

Do you have any documentation for this?

Kjetil Lenes

--
Kjetil Lenes. RN        NICU/PICU, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway.
Internet: [log in to unmask]                 PGP-key available.