From:
Debbie Kali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2015 09:30:12 +0300
Hi Wise Ones,

This afternoon I'm due to meet 53 yr old woman

Healthy bar hypotension which is treated with Eltroxin.

8 Years ago she gave birth to healthy baby who breastfed for 5 months "until
he refused". No given cause of refusal.

She intends to produce milk for her pregnant partner's twins.

She has ruled out conventional hormonal treatment to promote milk supply.

Her partner is now in the 30th week of twin pregnancy.

She will have a cesarean in 7 weeks.

Had major breast reduction many years ago.

Suffers from hypertension and is usually treated with ocsaar plus which is
contraindicated during her pregnancy.

She's been taking alternative conventional medication during the pregnancy
with side effects of swelling.

She wishes to discontinue these immediately post partum and resume the
ocsaar plus.

According to the client, there is absolutely no way that the birthing
mom-to-be intends to breastfeed.

If the client cannot produce milk then the babies will receive abm.

I will inform her of donor milk.

I will still mention that  ducts frequently reconnect.

My search on Ocsaar plus revealed that 50 mg dose is not bf contraindicated.

I will also ask her to consider that if they both produce milk then the
energy output for each of them may be lowered.

Personally, I am concerned re the emotional stress that could be imparted on
their own relationship, when the one has undergone lengthy and arduous
fertitiy treatments to carry these unborn babies whilst the other will "reap
the joy" of providing their milk.

And should the biological mom indeed wish to bf then the usual steps with
which I am familiar.

I would much appreciate your input re:

Recommended steps to increase production beyond double pumping hospital
grade pump,hand expression, moringa, perhaps motilium if needed, plus lots
of sts post partum for the client .

.

Also your opinions re the ethical implications of asking the client to
consider the options listed above for the biological mom.

Thank you

Debbie Kali

Int'l Board Certified Lactation Consultant

Breastfeeding Where You're At

972 545708502

Israel