From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 12:25:36 -0500
as a suffered of another related autoimmune disease, my first thought about
the use of plaquenil AND methotrexate was, why not try one first, then the
methotrexate if the plaquenil does not give a good response? this strikes me
as being along the lines of telling a mother of a colicky baby to eliminate
forty things from her diet . . . how can you tell which one is THE one? and,
anyone who suffers from an uncontrolled disease in this category, and still
is working twelve hour shifts, NEEDS to work less and see if this offers some
relief. it strikes me as more important than the meds, to begin with. the
stress of not nursing her baby would probably outweigh the benefits of the
methotrexate, i know it would for me.

carol b.