From:
Magda Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 22:43:06 +0100
<<
I have yet to write a handout especially for grandmothers.     A real
necessity around here.

>Yael,
If/when you do I hope you'd be willing to share it!  Something like that
would be immensely helpful to so many of us dealing with very similar issues
all around the world!<

NMAA do a booklet for grandparents.  It is available here in the UK from The
Association of Breastfeeding Mothers, and I assume from NMAA.

I realise that an Australian publication might not 'do it' for grandparents
in other parts of the globe, but I would say it is worth looking at.  One of
my pet peeves is that so many leaflets get written -- at great trouble and
expense (I am thinking of some local ones I was involved in years ago ;-))
without anyone actually looking around thoroughly to see what is available.
Sometimes good ideas can be borrowed (not copied wholesale) and things that
don't work avoided, but also, you could use something which is available and
save your energy to target it at a place where it is desperately needed.

For example, here in the UK it is possible to get four different booklets
about breastfeeding a baby with a cleft lip/palate and yet there is nothing
on some topics.

Magda Sachs
Breastfeeding Supporter, BfN, UK