From:
Mia Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 21:13:17 -0500
Hey Lactnetters,

I feel I should introduce myself before I start posing my questions.  My name
is Mia Hernandez.  I am a LLLLeader (6.5 years) and new Asst. Area Prof.
Liason for Los Angeles County So. LLL.  I am also a Certi. Bradley
Instructor.  I have four children, 2 boys and 2 girls:  8 (bf  3 yrs), 6 (bf
3 years+)(yes, this means I tandem nursed),  3 (weaned self at 18 mos, boo
hoo), and 10 mos (her claim to fame was being born at home ((planned water
birth)) a surprise in-caul, posterior & frank breech after 20 minutes of
labor).  My future plans are to pursue the art of CNM and Family Nurse
Practioner as well as IBCLC.  With 4 kids, we'll see how far I get!

I have been "on" 3 days and already have been enjoying the immense framework
of knowledge and experience Lactnet offers.

Does anyone know where I can find the study on the effects of introducing
early solids.  I am getting an amazing amount of calls where Pediatricians
are encouraging mothers to introduce juices, solids, etc. at 2 - 3 mos.  I
just got a call from a mom who's baby was being given apple juice for
constipation at 1 month (formula fed).

Thanks,

Mia Hernandez