From:
"Kim Balzer." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 16:54:07 -0400
Re: immunization

Just to give you some info from someone on the other side of the immunization
fence. I have four children. My oldest two are fully immunized. When I went
to take my third child in for her first shots, I got a very strong feeling
telling me not to give her the pertussis vaccine. I went with my gut feeling
about this and she has received no pertussis vaccine. I also chose not to
immunize my fourth child against pertussis. I just have too many bad feelings
about this particular immunization. Until it is improved, I cannot in good
conscience let my children receive it. I have talked to my homeopath about
this and he says that pertussis is the most dangerous in little babies (my
girls are now 6yrs. and 4yrs.). I am aware of the symptoms and if I saw any
of them in my children, I would seek medical attention right away. My 6 yr.
old was exposed to it when she was in nursery school by a child who had been
immunized! If anyone wants more information about pros and cons of
immunizations, there are several good books available on the subject.

Kim Balzer
Mom to Michael, Jessica, Kathleen, and Melissa