From:
Janice Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:45:27 -0400
Jan Barger wrote:

>I have a question -- which is probably rhetorical.  Why on earth is it so
>important for dads to feed babies to feel as though they are "loved" and
>"important" and "bonding?"  Why does this not extend to when the kid is 2 &
>1/2 and someone needs to make dinner for her?  Why is it only the bottle
>feeding (in the early days, BTW) that is important?  Why is my husband not
>cheerfully (emphasis here) making dinner for all of us to bond with us?

Yeah! And how is it that we've all managed to bond to so many people who
haven't put food into our mouths via rubber or silicone nipples?

Maybe it's because I have a husband who was nurtured as a child and didn't
whine about needing to feed our children, but I just don't *get* this whole
"let
the poor husband give the baby a bottle" stuff. Especially since, in my
experience, most of these husbands aren't just as interested in the other
ways they could be helping.

Janice Berry
Columbus, OH