From:
"Jeanine M. Klaus" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 01:37:05 EST
My teenage daughter did a rare thing today - with all the talk about dolls and
bottles around our house recently. She wrote a letter to a mail-order doll
company sending back their catalogue, explaining that she will no longer be
putting these dolls on her Christmas list nor participate in their clubs because
they encourage the use of bottles by giving one to every child that buys their
baby dolls. She goes on to say that she just finished a science fair project
that said that feeding artificial human milk to babies makes them more likely to
die from SIDS, along with smoking around the baby and having the baby sleep in a
separate room, and she cites William Sears. She goes on to say that the
manufactuers still haven't figured out everything good that is in human milk, so
mothers that feed their babies the artificial stuff doen't even know what their
babies are missing. She also said that she was going to tell her parents to get
her the dolls from the M-g-c  -tt-c  Cl-b, because they must care about what
kids learn from the toys that they play with because they don't sell any bottles
with their dolls.

As a parent, every once in a while, I wonder what exactly did I do right - you
know, just so you could keep on doing it!!

Now you must understand that she is actually a teen, didn't exactly have these
dolls on her list although she is the proud owner of one doll and the complete
set of acessories - so the company knows her to be a good customer- and isn't a
member any longer of the local club, but... you have to give her credit for
making her statment. I wonder what she will hear back from this company?

PS-If you don't know the competitor's full name and want it for use in your own
letter, just drop me a line.

Jeanine Klaus, MS, IBCLC
Oakville, Ontario
Sometimes kids do the darndest things!