From:
Karen Gromada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:14:15 -0500
Liz, one of the reasons I always enjoy visits to eastern PA is the
opportunity to pick up something in a store called WaWa, which we don't have
in SW Ohio/No KY. (WaWa always makes me think of the joke re: "Hey, no need
to cry about it!")

I've use the word "homogenized" for years when talking to moms, and go a bit
farther, e.g. think of cooking and how fats like to stick or cling to
everything -- need a bit of effort to get the last bit of fat/oil out of a
pan. Can take it farther to discuss how some in mixed in with initial
pouring from a pan and then some sticks to bits of food (or whatever) being
poured and then the rest comes with a bit of effort. (If the analogy isn't
quite accurate, don't flame me -- it makes sense to mothers with postpartum
brain!)

So MaMa is not WaWa...