From:
Holly McSpadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 03:08:24 +0000
Jeanette,

These types of babies scare me. I've been a practicing lactation consultant for 25 years. Just off the top of my head I can think of several of them that ended up with a CP diagnosis, 2 with sensory integration disorders, 4 with rare metabolic disorders, 1 (a pediatrician's baby) with a rare chromasomal defect causing developmental delays, several with late diagnoses of Torticollis, 1 with some type of  problem with the plates in the skull, 1 with galactosemia, Many with subdural hematomas predominately caused by vacuum extraction deliveries....and who knows how many more that I lost contact with before a diagnosis was made. the CP babies where 14 and 18 months old before they were diagnosed.

Holly McSpadden, IBCLC

-------------- Original message from Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>: --------------