From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:17:05 -0500
Hi guys.

We  often get questions from you all about your server addresses.  If for
some reason, you suddenly are not allowed to send mail to the Lactnet
list,..ie our server doesn't accept your mail, PROBABLY what has happened is
that your e-mail internet provider has changed your ID without telling you.
A slight change can make all the difference, and will cause you to be
prevented from sending your mail to our list...because our computer then
does not recognize you as being the same person.

ie

if my address went from

I would be a different person to the computer's mind..and would not be
allowed to post..etc.

SO...if your server changes addresses on you even slightly (and they SHOULD
tell you before they do it as they KNOW it screws up every listserv list in
the universe), you must go and send email to [log in to unmask]

From the OLD address you must do a

Unsubscribe Lactnet

From the NEW address you must do a

Subscribe Lactnet yourfullname

These 2 messages go to [log in to unmask]

That is how to fix your internet email address change problems.  IF you
cannot unsubscribe from the old address, *then* you can ask us for help. Thanks.

Kathleen(s)
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
It is possible for your mind to be so open that your brain falls out.