Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:41:04 EDT

In a message dated 9/24/2007 6:46:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

She wants to  use organic soy formula and I have no idea where to find it.
I've tried  the local organic/health food stores with no luck

Similac makes an Organic, but the DHA/etc  additives are not  organic.
In the US we have some Organic Soy Formulas, but one has to be careful that
they are not labeled Toddler formula, rather than Infant. It can't be an easy
choice these days, moms who have babies with dairy intolerances and
can't/won't  pump enough have to figure out what they will use. Even after sharing
information with moms about dairy elimination for their baby's own comfort in a
very sensitive baby, and mom knowing she could pump,or that dad could do baby
massage or something else to be close to baby,  some will still choose to
rely on formula that dad can give. Since it was mixed feeding and not totally
relying on the soy formula, she decided to go that way for one feed a day.

Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL
Brooklyn, NY,  USA