Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 19:09:27 -0400
I was recently on a plane and had the opportunity to flip through some
"light" reading magazines.  I happened across an article about a young
boy who had "mobius syndrome".
Has anyone run across this in their capacity as an LC?  It mentioned that
the mom tried to breastfeed unsuccessfully and tried to bottlefeed
without alot of luck either as it seems the muscle around the mouth area
does not function well (or at all).  As the child grows they are
expressionless and unable to smile.  How awful to not be able to elicit a
smile from someone by smiling at them or unable to return the smile to
someone who smiles at you....the things we take for granted, eh?

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC, LLLL, WIC BF Co
Listmom wicbfnet and MLCANET
Brockton, MA