From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:19:02 +0200
Hi everyone,
Several of you have noticed you are getting virus alerts from e-mail
purportedly originating with our server.  I get about 25 daily, many with
return addresses of people on LN.  These new viruses don't seem to be very
destructive but are all the more bothersome, and they send themselves from
infected computers using return addresses they find in the infected
computer's e-mail address book.
Use your heads, don't open any unsolicited attachments even if the sender is
a trusted Lactnetter, and keep your virus protection up to date as always.
We are as powerless as anyone else to stop this stuff.  I hope the
individuals who spend their time creating these time-wasting annoyances grow
up soon and get themselves a life.  Meanwhile, I am glad my 'delete' key
works.
Please do not respond on the list to this message; we are spending too much
time on e-mail viruses as it is.
cheers
Rachel Myr
e-mail junkie in Kristiansand, Norway