From:
Joy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 11:31:12 +0800
Thank you to those who responded to my query about the Lactinas. I agree
with Elizabeth that it is most likely a kit problem. I have phoned the
local agent and they weren't able to help much. I have one more place to
phone if I need to and that is the Australian distributors in Melbourne. In
the meantime I have passed on your suggestions to the mum, who was very
impressed by my being able to ask for information world-wide in so little
time! I will let you know what happens when she contacts me again in a
couple of days. She will be in the hospital with her baby most of the next
couple of days (baby undergoing treatment for a blockage in his nasal
passages), so will try to use her kit when she uses the hospital Lactinas.
(In Australia, when you use pumps in hospitals, normally the kits are
provided by the hospital, and they sterilize them between uses - I think
you just grab a kit from the cupboard and hook it up to a machine. The mums
don't have their *own* as such.)

Re the gorilla rescuing the 3 year-old - it was shown on TV here as well.
Looks like it got world-wide coverage!

Re the cookies - I made them too and they are delicious. I, like Nancy,
substituted Cadbury's for Hershey's. Our visitors from England were *most*
impressed, both with the cookies and how I got the recipe!!

Joy Anderson IBCLC, NMAA Breastfeeding Counsellor
Perth, Western Australia