From:
Lynnette Stiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 00:29:21 -0600
 First, add my CONGRATULATIONS! to all of you who have joined us as
new IBCLC's!!
 I am currently a hospital-based LC (as well as RNC in L&D...you know, lots
of hats). I am waiting for Admin. to sign Letter of Intent to Become Baby
Friendly........It sure is hard to type with my fingers crossed!

We are breaking ground this month for our NEW Maternity Unit.  It will
consist of 6 LDRP's with 2 NURSERIES. I'm having a problem convincing the
"powers that be" to limit the space for nurseries as we won't need much when
we evolve to all "ROOMING IN" and Mother/Baby Dyad Nursing.  I really could
use help with both Rooming In and Mother/Baby policy and procedures.  We are
doing a much better job of breastfeeding (68%) now, but still have a lot of
resistance to RI.  Any suggestions?  TIA!!!!!
email personally...or ask for snail mail address.
Lynnette J. Stiles, RNC,IBCLC