From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:44:18 +1100
Virginia,
One thing I have never understood is why the ABA Baby Care Rooms do not
require a power point (correct me if I am wrong- I know they used not to).
In a place like a shopping centre where there are many many female employees
who are unlikely to have space to express elsewhere it would make so much
sense. Having been in the position of trying to find a place to plug in my
breast pump when away from home (and yes I do wish that I had learnt to
express :-)) I know how frustrating it is. Anyone who has found that the
only place with a power point is the microwave in the baby room or in the
ladies toilet above the vanity-both of which usually necessitate sitting on
the vanity or standing in front of the mirror to pump (hardly conducive to
getting a good mer) would agree that those advocating for breastfeeding
women should think of those who need a power point! So I'd put forward a
very strong case for having power available next to at least 1 chair.
Karleen Gribble
Australia