Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:57:26 -0800
I have been off Lactnet for awhile - but a great source of recent
information is the 2 issues of Pediatric Clinics of North America
entirely devoted to breastfeeding.  Both the February and April 2001
issues are full of great articles written by various breastfeeding
experts in medicine (and it is a journal respected by pediatricians and
other physicians).  In particular, there is an article entitled
"Bioactive Factors in Human Milk" (Feb 2001) by Margit Hamosh, PhD and
"Host Defense Benefits of Breastfeeding for the Infant" by M. Jane
Heinig, Phd, IBCLC as well as articles about chronic disease and
breastfeeding  and brain development and breastfeeding.  I finally had
to break down and purchase both of these journals to add to my
collection.  I ordered online (WB Saunders) and felt the cost was very
reasonable for the amount of info I received.  Good luck in increasing
his knowledge of breastfeeding!

Pam Rardon RN, IBCLC
Anchorage Alaska