From:
Susan R Potts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 07:47:15 -0500
Dear Dr. Becky,
      I agree, try a feeding tube at the breast.  Also massage and manual
express a few drops of milk to be 'right there' for baby at the beginning
of the feed.  Some finger feedng may be helpful to gently train the
tongue to be down and forward.
    I have had great results with an eye dropper of milk snuck into side
of baby's mouth at the breast for the first few sucks, thus bypassing a
feeding tube.  It seems the expression on many a baby's face, after
getting milk from a bottle, then going back to the breast and having to
wait for a let-down, is, 'It's broken, where's the immediate milk?'
     Right, we want baby to learn  milk comes from mom!

    Susan Potts, rn ibclc
     Minnesota

      Looking forward to a morning of home schooling my almost 11 yo son,
who is finally reading well after we removed him from school in Feb. ,
with intense tutoring and homeschooling!!