From:
Rietveld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:16:46 +0100
Hi Helen,

Since you've said that ANY ideas are welcome, I'd like to tell you what
came to my mind.
The only thing that seems to help a little here is the
antibiotic/anti-inflammatory creme. Isn't it an idea to use Dr. Newman's
APNO (=All purpose Nipple
Ointment) instead?

It contains Mupirocin 2% ointment (15 grams)
            Nystatin 100,000 unit/ml ointment (15 grams)
            Clotrimazole 10% (vaginal cream) (15 gram)
            Betamethasone 0.1% ointment (15 grams)

A pharmacist mixes it together and it's applied sparingly after each
feeding.It doesn't have to be washed or wiped off. You need a prescription
for it.

You can find more info on this at Http://www.erols.com/cindyrn/drjack0.htm
or Http://www.bflrc.com/

You can also check the Lactnet archives, but there has once been given a
description of this medication that had a typo in it, so I'll advise you to
check out Dr. Jack's handouts (esp. #24; treatment for problems) as well.

My bet is that you'll get more replies, but I just wanted to share this
with you (although you've probably thought about this yourself too).

Kind regards,

Renate Rietveld, IBCLC
Rijswijk, The Netherlands

 OB doctor ordered an