From:
Denny Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:01:05 -0600
"Dear Karen, what info does the missing uvula
point you to?  In some
cultures the uvula is removed (just like a circ).  They BF
OK.  ???? Just

wondering, Pat in SNJ"

Pat, I missed the original posting on this, but I know that when a baby is
born with what is called a "midline" defect (affecting something in the center
of the body) you are careful to look for others as well, for instance cleft
palate, heart defect, etc. (I may be wrong on the specific other defects, but
you do look for other midline problems)

Denny

--- Denny Rice, RN, IBCLC

--- Dallas, Texas