From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2014 08:36:36 -0500
Thanks for this amazing story - it also proves something I have long believed LISTEN to the mother!  Pat in SNJ

On 07/02/14, Jennifer Tow, IBCLC <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

IMO, momma should be looking very closely at her own gut and healing it asap. These kids are not spontaneously getting sick--they are inheriting their mothers' gut damage. Here is a story of healing FPIES on the GAPS diet.

From her blog:
There is a reason that Doctors do not understand FPIES and do not know how to treat it. American medicine hasn't linked our diet to disease. Some doctors understand a little bit of the connection, but not to the extent that is needed to help people with serious ailments. Once a Russian friend of mine told me that in her country she had never gone to a doctor who didn't first ask her, what is your diet like? I found this interesting that other cultures look at the WHOLE person, the diet, the enviroment ect. Of course there are many enviromental issues that go into how our food is processed today, including mass production, GMO foods, hormones added to foods, and antibiotics. Also, we are exposed to numerous chemicals and toxins in our every day enviroment that we aren't even aware of, her is a short film about the chemicals in our daily lives.

Of date, there are no medications to specific to treat FPIES, although I believe they will try steroids in the future, because this is the way that medicine deals with inflammation in the body. The only problem is that steroids have numerous side effects and actually decrease the good bacteria in the gut, encourage the growth of Candida Albacans or yeast, and decrease the bodies immune system and natural ability to fight disease. Doctors hope you will grow out of FPIES but they don't understand why it is occurring in so many children.

I find it interesting that most of us mothers of children with FPIES also have issues with our guts, either IBS, celiac, thyroid disease, PCOS, or various other autoimmune diseases. Is it any wonder that we passed down unhealthy GI tract to our babies? Also, due to many of Henry's early issues he spent his infant days on many antibiotics, steroids and breathing treatments, which though temporarily helped his symptoms, I believe damaged his gut further by upsetting the balance of good bacteria in his gut and lead to further inflammation.

http://imexpectingtheunexpected.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-cure-for-fpies.html

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, USA & France
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC