From:
Susan Moxley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 1995 13:13:43 -0300
Hi again Judy:

Auerbach and Riordan reference a couple in their book Breastfeeding and
Human Lactation Osborn, FR (1968). Relationship of hypotension and infant
feeding to the aetiology of coronary disease, Colleques Int Cont Natl Res
Sci. 169: 93.

Ruth Lawrence in her latest edition of Breastfeeding: a guide for the
medical profession (1994) refers to an English study that looked at method
of feeding and death from ischemic heart disease.  Their study population
was 5718 men. It found that those who were breastfed and weaned before 1
year had the lowest death rate from ischemic heart disease with lower total
cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein B.  This study stretched
from when men were born in 1920's and I wonder about recall etc., but I have
not seen the paper.

If you can influence your physician to take an interest it would be
wonderful as there are so many 20th century diseases that may well have
their root cause from early nutrition.

Susan Moxley IBCLC