From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2011 20:57:11 -0400
There is a Premie weight chart, however it was made up( I'm sure) with only
formula fed babies :-(  Baby should not be on a regular baby weight chart.
Many premies are pushed to gain weight and end up overweight by a year
because everyone is pushing baby to eat!

 I goggled premature baby, weight gain.  Checked out an article from NIH
(didn't bother to read the one from Similac :-)  NIH article said 1/4 oz for
each lb of baby weight.  So for 4 lb 9 oz that makes 1 1/2 oz per day.  But
if baby is exclusively breastfed maybe she needs a little help with
expressed milk by supplementer, cup or syringe, something that wouldn't tire
her.  Hopefully Dr Wight will see your email and give us her NICU opinion
:-)
Logically I would think multi vit with iron is appropriate, because baby
missed out on storing up nutrients in last month or so.  A baby born at 2#9
oz at 35 weeks was certainly small for gestational age.  SGA.  Pat in SNJ