From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 14:07:09 -0500
To all... a few thoughts in response to a few notes I have read..

There may be some discussions here that may be uncomfortable for some
people..ie discussions on
mutilations...circumcisions...immunizations...sexual
discussions...abuse...all of these issues relate to breastfeeding in our
world, and they must be discussed openly, and honestly, with regard to
breastfeeding.  If discussions make you uncomfortable, or if they do not fit
for you, then please feel free to delete, push screen down..and go on to the
next thing.  I myself have had difficulty understanding why anyone would
abuse a woman with genital mutilation...and it is hard to read about anyone
being abused...however, I realize that understanding these things is
important to my work as an LC and as a human being.   Unfortunately, life in
general, and Lactnet in particular, are  not for the squeamish...I encourage
people to continue discussions that relate to lactation so that we may all
understand better...even if those discussions are hard to read...we can all
choose what to read and what not to read...take what fits for you (like at a
salad bar,!!) and leave the rest...

And...for those new or old to Lactnet, please keep your use of quoted
passages to a minimum when responding to notes...always being careful to put
a new subject line.  Some people pay per line, or have high  phone
charges...and everyone is trying to absorb much info in a short time, and
repetition is** not** necessary in most instances.

Thanks.

Kathleen, from frigid Vermont...
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC, LLLeader
Williston, Vermont, USA
Co-Owner Lactnet, LLLOL, Corgi-L E-mail lists
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html