From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:53:03 -0800
It's a lot harder to plug a baby into a finger than a
pacifier, because there is a *human* attached to it!
My daughters enjoy sitting next to their brother in
the few times he's been in the car and offering a
finger to suck, but as soon as we get where we're
going, the finger comes out.  They know, and he will
learn that it's a stopgap measure.  very temporary.

I do worry about how clean their fingers are since the
girls are 3 and 6.  :-O

I certainly would like to hear if someone has studied
this.

kate