From:
Annalee Hulburt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:51:03 -0800
Kirsten, I like your handout, except was confused by a couple of things.

  you say " So, What’s the darn freezer stash for, anyway? Here are some examples:

   You leave all your milk sitting out on the counter overnight and have to toss it "
  Since milk for a healthy baby can be left out on the counter for several hours; couldn't at least some of that milk be refrigerated when discovered, and given first (bottle) feeding at day care?

  "You go out and really tie one on at the bars, and want to pump and dump and feed your baby a bottle instead of getting her tipsy. "

  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't dumping unnecessary?  Skip the feeding at breast -absolutely!- have a sober person give the bottle.  You wouldn't have to pump (this once) unless you were uncomfortable (or so severely innebriated requiring many hours to sober up -what a sight that would be- drunk out of ones mind and trying to pump-?)  or battling with marginal milk supply, as alcohol is not *stored* in the milk...

  Am I off on this?  Annalee Hulburt, IBCLC