From:
Stacey Abdur-Rahim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 23:29:15 EST
Hello,
i never really post, I just read.  However, I have a question and I am hoping
that someone here can lead me in the right direction.  I have a client that
is interested in lactation in order to breastfeed the baby of a friend who
has died.  She and the mom were close, and she and the father r also close.
she wanst to help this father out, and more importantly wants to help this
baby.  the baby is 1 1/2 months old.  the mom has began pumping with a
battery operated pump, but we have an appt this week, and she will be renting
a stronger pump.  she says thatshe has liquid that comes from her nipples.
howevere she has never been pregnant nor breastfed before.  she says tat a
few years ago she was taking zoloft for depression.  she took it only for a
few weeks, but that she had leaking from her breast bc of it.  does anyone
know about this drug?  any info on this is appreciated.  also, does anyone
know of a good book that i can reccommend to her to read or where i can get
more info on this topic.  this is a first for me, but i have been doing my
research.
thank u very much.

Stacey A.
WIC breastfeeding counselor,
Breastfeeding counselor, A Mother's Comfort,