From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 01:09:41 -0400
Hi All,
I saw something so sad last night.  We were at my oldest sons school for open
house, and a mom came into the classroom with a beautiful little baby about 3
months old, I'd guess.  Baby got fussy, so what does mom do?  Lays the baby
down in her stroller and props a bottle in the baby's mouth.  The baby's head
was turned to the side to suck on this bottle, and her poor little eyes were
as wide as saucers and she was gulping frantically trying to keep up with the
flow of the bottle!  It was obvious to my hubby and I that the poor kid was
in distress.  So, I said loudly, "Oh, poor baby!  She can't keep upwith that
bottle.  It's going to fast!"  The Mom heard me and at least took the bottle
out of the baby's mouth.  The baby looked relieved.  Okay,  I should have
said something TO the mom, but she was bigger than me, and wasn't in too good
of a mood.  (it seems her son isn't doing well in school)  Call me a chicken,
but at least she took the bottle out of the baby's mouth and had her daughter
HOLD the baby and feed her.
I'd like to see how some of these parents would do trying to keep up with
something stuck in their mouth that continuously pours liquid into their
mouths!  Maybe then they would think before propping bottles!  (Even if the
bottle has MM {mama milk} in it!)
Jay
LC2B