From:
Sara Bernard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:46:06 +0200
Dear Lactnetter's,

Last week Dr J Gordon enlightened us to the bad scientific research used in
the study of SIDS recently published in Pediatrics (as I seem to remember).
I am currently trying (and that is an understatement!) to put together a
reader on how to look at published research on breastfeeding, for a
schoolings day next month. It's a hard task as I've just realised that I am
self not an expert but also because what I produce has to be understandable
to an audience of varying educational backgrounds (although, they must be
pretty smart, they are bf counselors!) - so any suggestions are heartedly
welcome!!
Anyway, in my traul for information I came across a series of 10 articles
published in the BMJ:

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/315/7101/180
Education and debate How to read a paper: The Medline database
Trisha Greenhalgh. This is the first of the ten articles.

plus:
http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/308/6924/283?ijkey=537f335b611a6950dcf4993a3a4e13f96127515c&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha
BMJ 1994;308:283-284 (29 January)
Editorials
The scandal of poor medical research
We need less research, better research, and research done for the right
reasons

Definitely worth a look if you want help in this area.

groetjes

Sara Bernard,
The Netherlands