Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:12:06 EST
I have a question about a fat burning pill, called  xenical or orlistat. Not
sure of the spelling.  I could not find it in any of the books on meds and
breastfeeding.  A mom contacted me recently.  She has a one year old who
breastfeeds about 3 to 4 times during the day and frequently at night.  She
is planning to begin weaning but knows it will take time.  Mom wants to
start the fat burning pill now before she is done weaning and is concerned
about the possible effects on baby. Her concern is that the baby will lose
weight
because of exposure to the medication via the breast milk.  Does anyone have
any information on this or other fat burning medications?  With all of the
interest in M*****life and H****life, I am sure we will be hearing more
about breastfeeding moms using these types of products.  Thanks for any info.
Debbie