From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 06:59:52 -0400
The longest I had a baby finger feeding was 18 days, mom's supply was
abundant.  He was a typical post epidural -wouldn't latch on and suck, baby
boy.  Had a whole bunch of babies around the same time frame.  I was
convinced that it was what they were using in or how they  were giving
epidural. (around 1990.)

He absolutely screamed and turned red whenever we tried every few days.I
don't know what happened to him in the hours between birth and when I saw
him the first day, but it must have been traumatizing.  Began finger
feeding at about 12 hours of age.

We tricked him finally to the breast with a nipple shield with SNS tube
under the shield (fast milk) and football hold..  Took mom about 24 hours
to get off shield, directly to breast, no tube.  Last time I talked with
her he was 8 mo old and BF like a champ in any position.

Another interesting factoid, she was getting all the pumped milk with an
Evenflo Deluxe!  She could get 6 oz in 15 min or less!  First time,
determined mom.
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ