From:
Cathy Garbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:13:35 -0500
Good evening,
Can anyone out there tell me if they have seen what appears to be a
gelatinous like milk substance being expressed from a blocked breast. This
mother was very engorged when I saw her on day 10. We managed to get the
breast drained -65 mL, in the milk there was some threads of mucously milk.
This I have seen before and have attributed to being responsible for the
blockage. It is 10 days since this breast was cleared and appeared to be
working well. The mother had very damaged nipples and had not been able to
feed from this breast (so was expressing) and had returned to bf 2 days prior
to this latest blockage. This latest blockage she managed to clear by pumping
and when she emptied the milk into another container saw a large gelatinous
mass! She has saved it for me to have analysed. Has anyone dealt with this
problem before and do you have any ideas about what it may be and how to
treat it? She was quite amazed that she didnt feel it being released, did it
form the mass after being expressed?