From:
Ron Whynaucht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:13:25 -0500
I am looking for information related to menstruation inhibiting MER.  A
mom I am working with is fully breastfeeding her 6 month old son.  She
had return of her periods about 3 months ago and since then has noticed
slow or no MER 2-3 days before her period begins.  Sometimes the MER is
slow, but other times it is absent.  She has tried relaxation techniques

and many other ways to elicit the MER, including Oxytocin nasal spray.
She did not notice any difference with anything that she tried.  Now she

is concerned with her supply, but is managing to play "catch up" when
the MER is not effected.  During the time that the MER is inhibited, she
has
been feeding the baby frozen EBM, but is depleting that supply.
Thank you for any suggestions or anecdotal information you can offer.

Barb Whynaucht, RN, IBCLC
Wisconsin