From:
Bracha Haskel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:39:10 -0500
A mother called me whose 3 month old fully breastfed infant suddenly
refused to nurse on Sunday. Turns out she got her period on Monday. There
are no other clues as to why this baby is refusing the breast (no
medications, birth  control pills, thrush, ears, etc.) I recall low supply
mentioned during menstrual periods, and found a post in the archives about
Ca/Mg supplements to avoid the problem. Can a sudden low supply have caused
a strike in a baby this young? I suggested pumping, skin-to-skin, bathing
together, feeding during sleep. Will supply bounce back when her period
ends or should I also suggest galactalogues? This babe sleeps 6 hours at
night, wasn't getting any supplements and hardly any pacifier. Mom very
disappointed to have gotton her period already. Thankyou!
Bracha Haskel
Israel