From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 10:18:58 -0400
Hi all.
We have had someone use LACTNET for exploder list purposes. THis is when
someone takes out a subscription to LACTNET and then FANS it out to a bunch
of OTHER people..the fan out list then generates its own errors when done
improperly..

THis generates problems for us..and we do not even know WHO the people are
who have been exploding the list.  If anyone has any information on a
[log in to unmask] Janet Griggs, I would like to know who she is.  I
have written twice to her , and have had no response...this is because
either she doesn't exist, and is just an alias for someone fanning out the
list...or because she is with an industry that is not supportive of
breastfeeding.

Could this be my paranoia? I definitely know that there does exist an
exploder list here..and I just want to say that making EXPLODER lists out of
Lactnet is not allowed. Only single subscriptions are allowed. Exploder
addresses will be deleted immediatley.

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce RN,  BSN, IBCLC, LLL Leader
Co-Owner Lactnet,  E-Mail = [log in to unmask]
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html