From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 06:23:42 -0600
Someone posted:
>Calorad is a product made with natural ingredients that 'burns' fat, and
>changes it into muscle overnight. I have seen that it does this very well,
>melting fat off of bodies.

No personal offense to the person who posted this....but anyone who believes
that ANY product can "burn fat and change it into muscle overnight" -- I've
got some land in Florida I'd like to sell you.......

It isn't possible to "burn fat" and fat doesn't turn into muscle ever, let
alone overnight.  Muscle is made of protein, fat is made of FAT.

But thanks for the chuckle.

Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Anthropology and Nutrition
Texas A&M University
Co-editor of "Breastfeeding: Biocultural Perspectives"