From:
"Pat Gorman, CLE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 23:09:00 PST
I must admit that I thought  maybe the Ezzo people were a small minority and
I would never run into  someone following the method.   Well, today I meet
my first prep for parenting mother.
I had just returned to the WIC office after a class and support group. This
pregnant woman approached me and asked what I knew about this method.  We
talked about the method and it was apparent that she  hadn't
accepted  it.  Being a second time mom  who bf as needed ( I don't use
demand feeding it fuels the idea that babys are spoiled)  she admitted that
the method did not meet the needs of an infant.  Especially when we talked
about letting babies cry it out.   Another concern a bout diminishing milk
supply   also was something that was obvious to her.  She remembered how
difficult  it was to keep a good supply with a baby feeding as needed.
 I talked for a moment about the Sears and that sparked an interest. So
maybe she will explore a lttle more before she makes a decision.  I reminded
her that during the first years babies need to feel lovable and to know that
the adults will care for his /her physical and emotional needs.
I  hope I was able to provide food for thought for this mother.

Pat Gorman CLE
Sublimity ,Or.