From:
Karen & David <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 20:46:53 +0800
Some time ago I posted a note about myself and urticaria which seemed to
corrolated with BF. Since then the condition has become chronic and I
have had swelling in my joints and feet makeing walking very difficult.
My dermatologist had prescribed me Cetirizine hydrochloride (Zyrtec)
which has helped with the symptoms but I am concerned about continuing
breastfeeding whilst taking this. The Dermatologist plus a GP said it is
ok but the literature contained with the medication and any other
literature I have fould suggest that it shouldn't be taken whilst BFing.
My baby is 9 months old. Anyone got any clues? I'm very frustrated to
have conflicting information over this. My childs health is at stake
here!