From:
Veronica Tingzon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:55:27 -0500
Hi Friends,

What great timing on that award. Congrats to Lactnet
and Happy IBCLC day to all of you out there who are
doing wonderful things for moms and babies worldwide.

It's funny to think that not too long ago, those in
our profession were thought of as Birkenstock wearing
hippies. We were not thought of professionals, but as
liberal freaks. Now, I run into moms I have helped and
they come up to me and hug me. They are truly happy to
see me, and they tell me that I made a difference in their
lives. I am sure you have all had similar experiences
throughout your careers. My journey has just begun, and
this is the 1st IBCLC Day I get to celebrate as an IBCLC.
I am proud to join the ranks of all of you wonderful
people out there doing wonderful things! And, as for those
on the list who are not IBCLC but do the footwork, my hat
goes off to you, too.

Congrats to all of us for making a difference in peoples
Lives!

Warmly,
Veronica Tingzon, IBCLC, RLC
Oceanside, CA where it is sunny today!