Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:48:54 +0000
I have just read the breastfeeding information (now that's
flattering....information? huh..) on Intelihealth's site (suggested by
Janet Vanderberg).

Like Janet says, just *where*  do you start?

I have not read as much misinformation about breastfeeding for about 20
years - it is absolute.....*****..... well, it's hard to use words that are
suitable for a family audience, as they say.

The name Johns Hopkins is known all over the world. How can they put such
stuff out in their name? WHO writes it????? WHO checks it?????

I am going to revisit the site and then respond to it (they do ask for
comments) when I can think a bit straighter.   The annoying thing is that
it is written in a sort of jolly journalese that's very easy to read (not
at all medicalised  and only a little condescending). I guess it has been
written by a journalist (takes one to know one...), but, unfortunately,
one who knows a big round 0 about bf.

If you haven't yet seen it and your email programme doesn't show up Janet's
URL as a link, go to

http://www.intelihealth.com

and  then go to pediatrics and feeding your baby. You will need to have
short lie down in darkened room  afterwards - so be warned. Now, how can
you resist?

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc UK