From:
Mommilk1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:34:13 EST
My sister-in-law gave birth to a 12lb 4oz boy last week (no c-section,
episiotomy, or epidural). Their Mohel (who was a docotor) told my SIL it was
fine to nurse the baby up until the circumsision. The baby was fine and nursed
right after the event was over.
My other SIL gave birth several months ago and the person who did their
circumsision (not a doctor...a Rabbi) told them not to breastfeed for 3 hours
prior to the event. Her baby had a harder time with the procedure.
Please do not give me a hard time that they did this at all. It is a religious
event.

My sister also had a baby several months ago and breastfed up until the event.
Her
child did well also. He seemed to calm easier and breastfed soon after.

In any case...it seemed that the babies who were nursed did much better than
the one who did not.

Annette Leibovitz, IBCLC