From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:41:35 +0000
Hi all,

I've got a strange question. Are there people here who have become
docter, bc they want to help breastfeeding mothers better? Or people who
are in the process of being a docter, for that reason?

In a few months I'll be ready with my training for the Dutch bf
organizaion (finally!). Then I want to be an IBCLC (that's possible
after 5 years).

But I'm getting more and more frustrated by facing problems than I could
resolve best if I were a docter. I see so many people who are told to
wean for nothing, or who are prescribed the wrong antibiotics for breast
infection, but who are told other antibiotics 'cannot be given to
lactating mothers', etc, etc. And I don't know what docter I can refer
to.

I have studied linguistics, (computerlinguistics), have worked in that
field, am at home now, but my heart doesn't go out to that field
anyomore. So... I thougth, why not become a docter myself?

Are there people here who went that route? Maybe they have some ideas
for me. What to expect? i don't know if this is interesting enough to
post to lactnet. So, you can email me privately.

TIA!
--
Annelies Bon               http://www.flnet.nl/~0bon01/bfbronnen.html
mother of Dirk 7yo, Tom 5yo, Pieter 23mo