Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 08:59:43 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
What came to mind when I read Naznin's post is that some of us are VERY one-side-dominant, so her client may be holding the baby differently from one side to another and be unaware. OR, the nipple itself is different. OR, like Nina said, the baby has tension left from being in utero or birth and needs massage, chiropractic or craniosacral work. Now that I'm typing I realize that I don't remember what Naznin said about position. Does mom use a pillow to support the baby? Is baby facing her instead of the sky? Chin-led latch? Is she using the cradle hold? Cross-cradle is my favorite for moms who are needing a bit more control temporarily (otherwise I stay out of it). Is baby tucking the chin? Is mom letting baby's head drop so that there is a "V"-shaped space between the baby's face and mom's breast? (Very bad for some---top of nipple gets pinched, bottom of nipple gets stretched.) Does the nipple have white stripe or lipstick shape after nursing? Deep
 palate? Tight lingual frenum? I am also working with a mom whose latch looks good but is causing damage and pain. Very frustrating! Poor moms! Please let us know what happens. By the way, the mom I'm working with is using a nipple shield while we work this through with the doctor. Rowena Tucker IBCLC, Texas, USA

> Date:    Mon, 7 Sep 2009 19:03:15 -0400
> From:    Naznin Hebert <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Cracked nipple!
> 
> I need your wisdom desperately.
>  I have permission to post.
> 
> Baby latches on perfectly.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2