From:
LLL of Southern CA/Nevada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:10:42 -0800
I don't know but I am one who initially loses weight fast.  I literally
will fit into my jeans the day my milk comes in.  But... with both my
other kids at a year old I suddenly had to work at it. I was on Zoloft
which immediately put 20# on me but even still, I went off Zoloft when
my DD was 16 months old, sitll not on solids (DS was 16 months, DD is 3
and we're still working on solids) and I didn't lose the 20# right away
like I thought I would.  I'm not needing Zoloft this time around (baby
#3 is 3 months old and I'm 10# less than I was pre-pregnancy and 10#
over my ideal weight (b/c I had those pesky Zoloft pounds to lose on top
of pregnancy weight).  I'll be interested to see what my body does this
time with no having meds factored in.  I don't get my period until 2
years post partum so I know it's not hormone shifting.  ALso each time I
have a baby I'm nursing an additional person so goodness knows if that
factors in - I'm nursing three (oldest only nurses twice a week but 3 yo
nurses every 2 hours if I let her -- we recently night-weaned her which
was met with a certain amount of protest).   I'm interested in hearing
the anecdotes as well as seeing actual research on this issue.  I get
mothers calling me complaining that they aren't losing weight and they
were assured breastfeeding would have them  back in their "skinny jeans"
in no time!  I'm a little taller than average (5' 7") and was 125# (too
thin) before having any kdis and went down to 135 - 140# (very nice,
slim weight for my height/body structur) and got down to 140# with my
second but went up to 160#.  I am now 150# and not really working to get
those last 10# off since I'm not using any willpower against chocolate
and am not really exercising.  If I stop eating chocolate every day and
start doing my Yoga video those 10# will drop off in a month as per
previous experience.

Margo
LLL Leader