From:
Melissa V Kirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:15:40 PST
I've only had the experience of sitting through two of these, but I have
heard women say that after taking the local class, they decided to
ABM-feed, because BF was too complicated.  I wonder if first presenting
them with all the health advantages, before even getting into the
mechanics, and then before starting any discussion on ABM-feeding, that
the health disadvantages are mentioned might be an option.

When I recently attended a local breastfeeding class, which was very good
(taught by two RNs -former LLL leaders, I felt there wasn't enough
information on the health advantages.  They certainly were mentioned,
but not really highlighted.  (this was a hospital sponsored
class--they've forbidden from mentioning "nipple confusion" although
they do work it in.)

Melissa K.